Posted On :December 20, 2017
Written By : Sehgal Transport
India is an amazing land full of diversity with mountains, plateaus, rivers and beaches and it is a great place to travel especially the hill stations. During the scorching heat in the summers, mesmerizing hill stations in North India situated in the states of Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan provide a breathtaking experience and are the most sought-after summer getaways. Although most of the hill stations were developed by the British, they have been upgraded by the government on a regular basis to promote tourism. Some hill stations have lakes and rivers as a focal point while some offer adventurous activities provide thrills and excitement.
Here is the list of top 10 most famous hill stations in India:
• Srinagar: Srinagar is the Capital city of Jammu and Kashmir and is the best hill stations in India with mystical gardens, mesmerizing mountains, meandering rivers, amazing houseboats and pleasant climate. The place is considered to be the heaven on the earth due to its scenic beauty. Asia’s largest Tulip garden is situated in Srinagar and during the tulip festival in April, the view is awesome. With several places of sightseeing around the place, you can also shop around for the local handicrafts.
• Gulmarg: Gulmarg is the coldest hill station in India located in Jammu and Kashmir and is very popular with adventure seekers. The place is amazing for skiing and offers other sports also. The scenic beauty of the place is mesmerizing with thick pine forests, meadows, hills, snow-covered peaks, valleys and lakes. Several movies have been shot at the place and when visiting Gulmarg, you can visit numerous places of sightseeing that are breathtakingly beautiful. If you want to enjoy the winter sports then visit during December to February.
• Mussoorie: Mussoorie is the Queen of hills and is situated in the state of Uttarakhand. It is an amazing place with cool air, mountains covered with mystical clouds and view of the Doon valley from the top. It is the gateway to the Gangotri and Yamunotri and when in Mussoorie you can visit places like Lal tibba, Kempty Falls, Mall road, Gun hill etc. you can also enjoy in the snow adventure zone, which offers different activities like sky ride, zip swing, Paragliding or valley crossing.
• Nainital: Situated in the Uttarakhand state, Nainital is a beautiful hill station which is famous for its lakes, mountains and valleys. Its fabulous scenic views and mystical lakes are a must visit and you can enjoy activities like boating and trekking in the place. There are several places to visit around Nainital and you can also enjoy shopping on the mall road in the cool and pleasant weather during summers.
• Shimla: Shimla is the Capital of Himachal Pradesh and is an amazing hill station developed by the British. The place is awesome with pleasant weather and forests of Oak, Deodar and pine enveloping it. The toy train that runs between Kalka and Shimla is a World heritage site by UNESCO. There are several places of sightseeing in Shimla and the Ridge is a place full of laughter and fun as it is the most happening place in the place. There are ski resorts located in Kufri and Narkanda so if you are an adventure lover then make sure to visit them as they are prominent hill stations near Shimla.